We are pleased to congratulate and recognize the winners of the 2018 Economic Poster Contest.
- Sadie L., Canterbury School, Teacher: Maureen O'Neil
- Adalin G., Brown County Intermediate School, Teacher: Allison Crenshaw
- Jacob S., Triton Central High School, Teacher: Laura Duncan
- Lily F., Canterbury School, Teacher: Maureen O'Neil
- Becca D., Honey Creek Middle School, Teacher: Mrs. Cox
- Colleen S., Triton Central High School, Teacher: Laura Duncan
- Avery M., Honey Creek Middle School, Teacher: Mrs. Cox
- Austin R., St. Joseph Grade School, Teacher: Rebecca Mammon
- Michael M., Triton Central High School, Teacher: Laura Duncan
- Zoee R., Thompkins Middle School, Teacher: Rebekah Hodge
- Briley I., Honey Creek Middle School, Teacher: Mrs. Cox
- Julia G., Clinton Prairie Jr/Sr High School, Teacher: Paul Woodling
- Melanie B., Thompkins Middle School, Teacher: Rebekah Hodge
- Olivia B., Wea Ridge Middle School, Teacher: Michelle Sanson
- Israel T., Wea Ridge Middle School, Teacher: Michelle Sanson
Go to http://www.econed-in.org/calwinners.asp to view this year's winning posters.
The 2018 Olin Davis Awards for Exemplary Teaching of Economics were given to teacher finalists at the Smart Indiana Economic Education & Financial Literacy Conference held at the Wyndham Indianapolis West June 20, 2018. It was a great time to celebrate those who have done so much for economic and financial education. Award Winners were:
- Alecia Adams, Brown County High School, Nashville (state secondary award winner)
- Carlene Archie, Ignite Achievement Academy, Indianapolis
- Luke Chanley, Jackson Creek Middle School, Bloomington
- Denise Corbin, Waldron Jr/Sr High School, Waldron
- Lyndsey Davis, New Castle High School, New Castle
- Dennise Grater, McCutcheon High School, Lafayette
- Natalie Hines, Rousseau McClellan, Indianapolis (state elementary award winner)
- Chassity Mahaska, Franklin Central High School, Indianapolis
Congratulations to all of these outstanding teachers!
More What's New!
Save the date and watch for registration coming soon for Econ Camp North and Econ Camp South! When the leaves begin to change, you know its time for Econ Camp. In 2018, Econ Camp will be offered at Camp Tecumseh near Brookston, IN on September 19 and 20, 2018 or at Santa's Lodge in Santa Claus, IN on September 20 and 21, 2018. High school teachers of economics come together to network and interact with their peers, get up-to-date economic education training, and share best practices with each other. Thanks to the generous sponsors the ICEE has been able to offer this opportunity at no cost to the teachers!
Visit the Econ Camp page for more details about Camp Tecumseh location
Econ Camp South for details about Santa Claus location.