We are pleased to congratulate and recognize the winners of the 2017 Economic Poster Contest.
- Logan B., Zionsville West Middle School, Teacher: Stacey Behrens
- Aaliyah E., Canterbury School, Teacher: Maureen O'Neil
- Paige M., Triton Central High School, Teacher: Laura Duncan
- Sana G., Canterbury School, Teacher: Maureen O'Neil
- Sarah H., Sycamore School, Teacher: Deborah Reidy
- Shriya P., Wea Ridge Middle School, Teacher: Michelle Sanson
- Ansley H., Thompkins Middle School, Teacher: Rebekah Hodge
- Kelcee K., Wea Ridge Middle School, Teacher: Michelle Sanson
- Bethany T., Triton Central High School, Teacher: Laura Duncan
- Mithell S., Warren Central High School, Teacher: Bill Bush
- Danielle S., Triton Central High School, Teacher: Laura Duncan
Go to http://www.econed-in.org/calwinners.asp to view this year's winning posters.
The 2017 Olin Davis Awards for Exemplary Teaching of Economics were given to teacher finalists at the Smart Indiana Economic Education & Financial Literacy Conference held at the Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing on June 29, 2017. It was a great time to celebrate those who have done so much for economic and financial education. Award Winners were:
- Laura Duncan, Triton Central High School, Fairland
- John Kruggel, Brownsburg High School (state secondary award winner)
- Justine Skillman, Hasten Hebrew Academy, Indianapolis (state elementary award winner)
- Chris Stevenson, Covenant Christian High School, Plainfield
- Barbara Tilley, Mintonye Elementary School, Lafayette
- Emily Vanderwall, Michelle Tuinstra, Kim Plantenga, Lafayette Christian School
Congratulations to all of these outstanding teachers!
More What's New!
Donít miss your chance to register for CEEís 56th Annual Financial Literacy & Economic Education Conference, taking place October 6-7 in Brooklyn, NY. Educators from across the nation attend the conference every year and take advantage of cutting-edge programming regarding the latest curriculum development, instructional materials, teaching strategies, new programs and best practices. The conference also offers a unique opportunity to meet with fellow educators face-to-face during networking sessions and roundtable discussions on shared issues.
The Purdue Center for Economic Education Mini-Grants are now available for 2017/18! Mini-grants are competitive and open to all accredited public and private K-12 schools in Northwest Indiana, including Howard and Marion counties. A maximum of $800 per school will be awarded. Multiple schools from the same corporation may apply. Up to three grants will be awarded. The deadline for applications to be received by the Purdue Center for Economic Education is October 11, 2017.
Mark your calendars! When the leaves begin to change, you know its time for Econ Camp. In 2017, Econ Camp will be offered at Turkey Run Inn near Marshall, IN on September 20 and 21, 2017 or at Santa's Lodge in Santa Claus, IN on September 26 and 27, 2017. High school teachers of economics come together to network and interact with their peers, get up-to-date economic education training, and share best practices with each other. Thanks to the generous sponsors the ICEE has been able to offer this opportunity at no cost to the teachers!
Visit the Econ Camp page for more details about Turkey Run location
Econ Camp South for details about Santa Claus location.
And, register now!