We are pleased to congratulate and recognize the winners of the 2014 Economic Poster Contest.
- Sofia A. Happy Hollow Elementary School, Teacher: Katie Dodds
- Allison O. Michigan City High School, Teacher: Krissy Freitag
- Taylor D. Central Middle International School, Teacher: Mary Page
- Brady H. Royerton Elementary School, Teacher: Deb Christopher
- Diabolique R. Scott Middle School, Teacher: Beth Hobbs
- Kris S. Our Lady of Lourdes, Teacher: Rita Bond
- Yamilet M. Jonathan Jennings School #109, Teacher: Patty Reeves
- Mike R. Morgan Township Jr/Sr High School, Teacher: Pam Buckley
- Wafaa A. Honey Creek Middle School, Teacher: Mrs. Cox
- Jonathan S. Happy Hollow Elementary School, Teacher: Katie Dodds
- Indiyah B. Royerton Elementary School, Teacher: Maryann Foltz
- Owen S. Our Lady of Lourdes, Teacher: Rita Bond
Go to http://www.econed-in.org/calwinners.asp to view this year's winning posters.
More What's New!
The KidsEcon Posters© project is dedicated to giving teachers the tools they need to help their students understand the exciting economic world around them – making them more effective producers, consumers, savers, investors, and voting citizens. At the heart of the project are 22 colorful economic posters, each describing an important economic concept identified in the National Standards in Economics and in most state Standards. All new KidsEcon Bingo and Activity Cards are now available.
The Indiana Council for Economic Education (ICEE) holds its annual Awards for Excellence Program every fall, honoring Indiana educators and community leaders who have made significant contributions in economic education during the past year. The 2014 Annual Awards program will be held on September 26, 2014 at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis. Classroom Exhibits at 10:30 a.m. followed by lunch and the awards presentations. More details soon!
Mark your calendars! When the leaves begin to change, you know its time for Econ Camp. In 2014, Econ Camp will be offered at Camp Tecumseh near Brookston, IN on October 14 and 15, 2014. High school teachers of economics come together to network and interact with their peers, get up-to-date economic education training, and share best practices with each other. Thanks to the generous sponsors such as the George and Frances Ball Foundation, Purdue Agricultural Economics, the ICEE has been able to offer this opportunity at no cost to the teachers!
Visit the Econ Camp page for more details.