ICEE held its Annual Awards for Excellence Program and 60th Anniversary Celebration on Friday, September 26 at the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. Awards given were the Olin Davis Awards for Exemplary Teaching of Economics and the Peter V. Harrington University Center Award. There were also excellent school displays of economic education projects. It was a great time to celebrate those who have done so much for economic and financial education. For a complete listing of award winners, go to
We are pleased to congratulate and recognize the winners of the 2014 Economic Poster Contest.
- Sofia A. Happy Hollow Elementary School, Teacher: Katie Dodds
- Allison O. Michigan City High School, Teacher: Krissy Freitag
- Taylor D. Central Middle International School, Teacher: Mary Page
- Brady H. Royerton Elementary School, Teacher: Deb Christopher
- Diabolique R. Scott Middle School, Teacher: Beth Hobbs
- Kris S. Our Lady of Lourdes, Teacher: Rita Bond
- Yamilet M. Jonathan Jennings School #109, Teacher: Patty Reeves
- Mike R. Morgan Township Jr/Sr High School, Teacher: Pam Buckley
- Wafaa A. Honey Creek Middle School, Teacher: Mrs. Cox
- Jonathan S. Happy Hollow Elementary School, Teacher: Katie Dodds
- Indiyah B. Royerton Elementary School, Teacher: Maryann Foltz
- Owen S. Our Lady of Lourdes, Teacher: Rita Bond
Go to http://www.econed-in.org/calwinners.asp to view this year's winning posters.
More What's New!
ICEE is pleased to announce the Econ Poster Contest is being held for students in grades 1 through 12. The Econ Poster Contest is a great opportunity for your students to express their creativity while learning important economic concepts. Prizes will be awarded to the top entries! Please have your entries postmarked to ICEE by May 1, 2015.
See contest details as well as images from last year's winners at http://www.econed-in.org/econposter.asp. Or, pass along the contest information to your Art teacher!
The KidsEcon Posters© project is dedicated to giving teachers the tools they need to help their students understand the exciting economic world around them – making them more effective producers, consumers, savers, investors, and voting citizens. At the heart of the project are 22 colorful economic posters, each describing an important economic concept identified in the National Standards in Economics and in most state Standards. All new KidsEcon Bingo and Activity Cards are now available.
High School Teachers:
The Indiana Economics Challenge is an opportunity for teams of 4 high school students to demonstrate their knowledge on a broad array of economics topics in an atmosphere where economics knowledge is tested and recognized and where competing is FUN. Any Indiana student enrolled in a public, private, or home based school during the 2014-15 academic year is eligible to compete. Students may also compete as part of an organization, club or before/after school program. Teams compete in one of two divisions - Adam Smith or David Ricardo. The competition includes a qualifying regional online round followed by the face to face state finals held at four sites across Indiana. For details see http://www.econed-in.org/econchallenge.asp