ICEE NEWS - March 9, 2021
Need to catch up on your Professional Growth Points? Check out the latest opportunities below. Reminder – the March Madness and the Economics of College Basketball is presented tonight at 6 PM by former Indiana teacher, John Kruggel – don’t worry if you miss it, you can view many of these on-demand!
Also, still time to register your students for HS Econ / PF Challenges!!
We are spring cleaning at ICEE. If you are an Indiana teacher (or know a new / newer teacher) looking for lesson ideas, we have a few print publications from the national Council for Economic Education that we can send your way. Follow this link to request your copy. Allocation strategy will be first come, first served. One publication per request. Limited quantities. Submit by end of day, March 12.
- Online – Family Financial Fun Nights (Elementary) INFORMATION SESSION – March 16
- Online workshop: Teaching Economics Using Children’s Literature – March 30
- National award winning teacher, Gina Boyd explores strategies for teaching economics to elementary students. Great way to connect subjects and provide conversation starters to get students started on their career planning journey!
- EconVersations: The Economic Effects of COVID-19 – April 14
- Prof. Kevin Mumford will discuss several national measures of COVID impact and you’ll have a chance to ask questions to help you explain to your students!
- Moe “Knows” – a new series that highlights economic concepts and provides an explanation of topics. Our pilot – Part 1 is posted.
- Invest in Girls Afterschool Online Program – Week of April 12 – May 24
- This program is for any high school student who identifies as female. There will be a total of 6 workshops teaching students all about personal finance and a 7th session with a panel of industry professionals who can provide insight on careers in finance. Workshops will take place after school – students may indicate preferred day and time on interest form.
- Workshops this week
- Workshops coming up
- Webinar: Fundamentals of AP Economics: Demand – March 15
- Online Workshop: Women’s History Month: Using Children’s Literature to Teach on Economics and Enterprising Women – March 16
- Online workshop: The Great Migration and Race Economics presented by GCEE – March 18
- Webinar: Financial Fitness for Life: Paying for Post Secondary Education – March 18
- Economists on the Economy featuring Emily Kolinski Morris, Economist, Ford Motor Company – March 23