ICEE News - January 13, 2021
In this issue
- Upcoming Workshops
- Program updates
- Indiana Stock Market Simulation
- Economics and Personal Finance Challenge
- Everything else
I hope you and your families are doing well. This note is to provide an update and remind you that ICEE spring programs are gearing up. We’re bringing back workshops and to kick off, ICEE is exited to be partnering with Marginal Revolution University again to share their latest resources. Our partners at CEE are also continuing to provide online workshops via EconedLink. I heard from many of you that you missed Econ Camp this year. If there is interest, ICEE will host a Zoom Indiana teacher meet up in February – send me an email note if you want to join, suggested topic(s) and your preference for time to meet. Finally, if you know a economics or personal finance teacher in your building or at another school, forward / share this with them!
- Program overview (includes pre-recorded information sessions)
- Set up accounts
- Register for Live Webinar Information Session – Jan. 21
ARE YOUR STUDENT UP FOR THE CHALLENGE!
The Indiana Economics and Personal Finance Challenge will be online again this year.The Indiana Economics and Personal Finance Challenge is where students compete by taking an online exam (monitored by their teacher). Teams – three or four students – earning the highest combined score and the option to advance to the state finals (quiz bowl or case study). Challenges are open to middle and high school teams.Student teams can compete in three divisions: David Ricardo Division (Economics), Adam Smith Division (Advanced Economics), and Personal Finance Division. Students competing in the Personal Finance Challenge may also participate in one of the Econ Challenge competitions.
All division exams will take place from March 29th and must be completed by 4:00 pm ET on April 16, 2021. The high school state winner (a single team) will advance to the National Semi-final Competition in their division.
Attend one of the following sessions to learn more about the format for this year’s competition. If you can’t attend, email your questions.
- Home Front Economics Workshop (James Madison Center for Economic Education) January 14
- CEE releases the new online READY ASSESSMENTS Center!
- CEE student video contest – What economic advice they would give to the President of the United States.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago High School Fed Challenge spring information