Econ Camp 2021
What is it?
Econ Camp is an annual event for high school teachers. It provides an excellent opportunity to learn and network with fellow economic educators in a relaxed and engaging environment. No financial cost to you!
October is Economic Education Month! AND to celebrate, ICEE and friends really wanted to be able to welcome you to Econ Camp 2021 in person.
Unfortunately, we can’t do that. Instead, we are presenting you the opportunity to join us and your fellow economic educators across the state virtually in Econ Camp sessions online.
No, it is not our preference to move virtually (s’mores don’t translate well digitally), but it our hope these sessions provide the chance to update your teaching tool kit, and catch up with your colleague from other schools.
When: October 21 – 27
Where: All sessions on Zoom
When: Most sessions begin at 4:30 pm ET.
What is it?
These sessions are part of Econ Camp, an annual professional development event for high school teachers. It provides an excellent opportunity to learn and network with fellow economic educators in a relaxed and engaging environment. No financial cost to you!
- Session 1 – US Fiscal Policy Response to Covid-19 – Oct. 21
- Session 2 – The Covid-19 Economy: Are We Back on Track? – Oct. 21
- Session 3 – The Federal Reserve’s New Monetary Policy Tools – Oct. 25
- Session 4 – Lessons for Economics of Food Systems, Climate Change and Economic Policy – Oct. 26
- Session 5 – Group Discussion: The Latest Word on Teaching Economics & Personal Finance in High School classes – Oct. 27
You’ll receive PGPs for each session you attend. PLUS – attend all sessions and get an Econ Is Life t-shirt!
You will receive a link to the Zoom room after submitting registration.
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Indiana Council for Economic Education
- Purdue University Department of Agricultural Economics
- Purdue University Center for Economic Education
- University of Southern Indiana Center for Economic Education
Here is what past participants have said about Econ Camp!
“This is a program I look forward to each year. This is a beautiful facility at a beautiful time of the year. What a wonderful way to improve your teaching skills!”
“As a new teacher, the ideas and material that I received at Econ Camp are invaluable. I can definitely use this material in my classroom. I enjoyed myself greatly and plan to return next year.”